Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve this with a salad topped with vinaigrette dressing.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add beef. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain.
- Stir in olives, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Serve over cooked pasta, sprinkle cheese over top.