Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe for garlic lovers!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon aleppo pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon a pinch of crushed red chili pepper
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed and dried well
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated greek cheese, such as kelafotyri
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the onions for five minutes. Add garlic, saute another 2 minutes.
- Add Aleppo pepper, stir, and then add the spinach in stages, adding more each time the greens in the pan have wilted down, until it has all wilted. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, reserving some for the top. Season to taste.
- Place the spinach mixture in a small oiled baking pan (mine is 5" X 9" X 1 1/2", but any small casserole or gratin dish that holds it will do), then top with reserved cheese. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes, and serve warm but not screaming hot.