Recipe by Marie
All I can say about this recipe is YUM! Cooking time depends on whether you like your asparagus crunchy or well done.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a 3 quart pan and saute garlic and onion just until soft.
- Add the parsley and tomatoes and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are very soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the cleaned asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to the pot along with the white wine.
- Cook just until tender.