1 hr 15 mins
This is a tasty meat and vegetables with just the right spices to make it a flavorful dish. I got this from the ladies of the Greek Orthodox Church. They always have something special cooking in the kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 lb ground beef, mixed is good too (your preference)
- 1/4 cup dry wine (red or white)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 8 zucchini, approximately 4 inches in length
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated feta or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Slightly brown the meat, drain if needed.
- 2Add the seasonings.
- 3Cook onions and the garlic in the olive oil.
- 4Add wine and tomato then cook your mixture 30 minute.
- 5Let it cool slightly, then quickly stir in the egg whites and bread crumbs.
- 6Set aside while preparing the zucchini.
- 7Trim both ends of the zucchini and slice in halves lengthwise.
- 8Parboil them for 3 minutes in salted water.
- 9Carefully, remove onto paper towels and drain.
- 10Place into an oiled, flat roasting pan.
- 11Scoop out the centers discarding the pulp.
- 12Spoon the meat filling into the shells.
- 13Top each with bread crumbs, moistened with oil or butter.
- 14Sprinkle with the grated cheese over all.
- 15Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until crumbs are golden and the zucchini are very tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.7
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 615.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 19.0 g