Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe I made myself. I had 1 lemon that I needed to use up. When my dad was going through the cupboard above the stove, he pointed out that I had jumbo shells I needed to use. What does lemon juice + shells equal? Greek stuffed shells, of course. I googled for recipes, but I got nothing. So I took the typical Greek ingredients and replaced the Italian ingredients with these. If you repost this recipe, please credit me at http://chocolatemoosey.blogspot.com
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 black olives, chopped
- Boil water. Cook shells for 10 minutes. Drain; run under cold water to stop any further cooking.
- For the sauce, combine yogurt, cucumbers, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dillweed, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator.
- Combine cheese, 1/2 tsp dill, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, tomatoes, egg, and olives.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread the bottom of 13x9 pan with some of the sauce. Place shells on top. Stuff with the cheese mixture. Pour remaining sauce on top. Cover with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.