Recipe by Sue Lau
Great for parties, entertaining, or just to serve as a side dish with moussaka. Can also make a nice vegetarian entree in a larger portion. :)
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
This is an excellent recipe! I served these for a family gathering and they were gone in no time. My mushrooms were quite large but I had enough filling to stuff 20.As it was a very hot day and we were barbecuing I put them in a pie plate and grilled them for 15 minutes over med. heat. I brushed the outside of the caps with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar just in case the grilling dried them out. They turned out perfectly
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 12 large mushroom caps
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing dry.
- Mix together spinach, feta, green onions, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice, stirring well.
- Place clean mushroom caps in baking dish or ovenproof casserole.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps; sprinkle pine nuts over tops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.
- ,for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.