Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for parties, entertaining, or just to serve as a side dish with moussaka. Can also make a nice vegetarian entree in a larger portion. :)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 12 large mushroom caps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing dry.
- Mix together spinach, feta, green onions, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice, stirring well.
- Place clean mushroom caps in baking dish or ovenproof casserole.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps; sprinkle pine nuts over tops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.
- ,for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This is an excellent recipe! I served these for a family gathering and they were gone in no time. My mushrooms were quite large but I had enough filling to stuff 20.As it was a very hot day and we were barbecuing I put them in a pie plate and grilled them for 15 minutes over med. heat. I brushed the outside of the caps with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar just in case the grilling dried them out. They turned out perfectly
Great recipe! My husband, who usually shies away from mainly vegetable dishes, loves this one. Delicious, healthy, and makes good leftovers. I garnished it with extra lemon slices b/c I like a lot of flavor
Fantastic! The people gobbled them up! (fyi: no onion necessary) Thanks so much for this recipe!