Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted ZWT6 - Greece Region. Found in the Simple & Delicious June 2009 magazine. Sounds like a nice twist to the standard burger.
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole gyro style pita bread (6 inches)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape beef evenly into 12 patties.
- In a small bowl, combine the feta cheese, chopped tomato, onion, olives, oil and oregano.
- Top six of the patties with the cheese mixture and then cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal. Sprinkle with salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Grill patties, covered over medium hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160F and juices are clear.
- Serve each burger on a pita with lettuce, sliced tomato, cucumber and cucumber ranch dressing.