1 hr 30 mins
Fabulous flavor and nice presentation. My sister shared this recipe with me---it is one of her favorites to prepare for guests. It is adapted from The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed, drained and squeezed dry)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped pickled pepperoncini pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I prefer 1-2 cloves minced fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients and set aside.
- 2Trim fat from steak.
- 3Cut horizontally through center of steak, cutting to, but not through, the other side and open flat, like a book; place between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to an even thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 4Spread spinach mixture over steak, leaving a 1-inch margin around outside edges and roll up, jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side; secure with heavy string at 2-inch intervals.
- 5Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat at medium-high until hot (I drizzle the pan with olive oil, rather than using cooking spray).
- 6Add steak, browning well on all sides; add broth, wine, water, and oregano and bring to a boil.
- 7Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until tender, turning meat once; add additional water during cooking if necessary.
- 8Remove string and cut steak into 8 slices; serve with cooking liquid.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Stuffed Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 502.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.9 g