1 hr 25 mins
Though the name sounds dubious, I'm not expecting you to stuff a Greek into a chicken breast. This is from my stack of Taste of Home magazines - Light and Tasty, October/November 2005 issue. I've tweaked slightly to lower fat. Posted for Zaar World Tour II
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with foil for easier clean-up.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper & 2 teaspoons olive oil. Set aside.
- 3In a nonstick skillet saute onion, garlic & red pepper in remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil till onion is tender. Add spinach; cook & stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat & stir in cheeses.
- 4Dry chicken; cut deep pockets in each, slicing horizontally almost to the bone.
- 5Fill each pocket with 1/4 cup spinach mixture, pinch edges of chicken closed to minimize ooze.
- 6Place chicken in baking pan. Brush reserved oil/juice/herb mixture over each piece.
- 7Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover & bake 10-15 minutes more until chicken is done ( 170ºF on meat thermometer).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 149.4 mg
- Sodium 558.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 59.7 g