Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
A little extra trouble to make this dish, but your taste buds will thank you!
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix cheese, lemon juice and oregano until smooth.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread cheese mixture over each breast half to within 1/2 inch of edge. Fold over and secure with a toothpick.
- Mix 1 Tbs flour, salt and pepper together on a sheet of waxed paper. Coat chicken in mixture.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Mix remaining 1 Tbs flour and chicken broth until smooth.
- Add broth, tomato and spinach to skillet with chicken. Heat to boiling over high heat, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpick before serving.