Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a tasty low-calorie vegetarian stuffed peppers with a bit of Greek flavor.
Make and share this Greek Stuffed Bell Peppers and Tomatoes (Vegetarian) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons mccormick's all purpose Greek seasoning
- 2 teaspoons mint leaves, dried (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 -8 bell peppers, ripe (red or yellow) or 6 -8 firm tomatoes
- 28 ounces tomatoes, petite diced
- Bring 4 cups of water slowly to a boil.
- While the water is boiling mix the Greek spices (if not using the McCormick's then use the mint, oregano, and parsley), and black pepper.
- Mix in the uncooked rice.
- Add the diced onions.
- Once the water is boiling, and the dry ingredients have been mixed, add the mixture to the water and cook according to the package directions for the rice.
- While the rice is cooking cut the tops off of the peppers/tomatoes, just enough to get a spoon inside and clean out the seeds.
- When the rice has finished cooking remove it from the stove and mix in the petite diced tomatoes.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers/tomatoes.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes (or until they are tender).
I enjoyed these--used the dried herbs option and added some garlic as well. I also sprinkled with some feta cheese before serving.