Rob R.'s Note:
I got this from Nava Atlas' Vegetarian Kitchen web site. I only changed from crumbling the feta onto the stew after serving to putting the crumbled feta directly into the stew after cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise & into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 lb green beans, thawed if frozen,fresh is better
- 1 3/4 lbs fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch chopped fresh dill or 1 bunch fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb feta cheese
- 1Heat the oil in a large soup pot or steep-sided stir-fry pan.
- 2Add the onion and sauté until it is golden.
- 3Add the potatoes and water.
- 4Bring to a simmer, then cook, covered, over medium heat until the potato chunks are about half-done, about 15 minutes.
- 5Add the zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, and oregano.
- 6Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
- 7Stir in the dill combination, Cut the feta cheese into chunks and put into the stew.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Stewed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 449.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: