Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The lemon and feta are crucial to the dish. This tangy blending of flavors is delightfully unusual. Serve with some crusty bread.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 lb green beans (frozen is fine, just add towards the end of cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 lemons, cut in wedges
- black pepper
- Heat oil and sauté onions and garlic. Add oregano, water, salt, tomatoes, potatoes and green beans. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the parsley. Pass lemon wedges and feta cheese. To add to individual bowls.