Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
After a day of play(or work), you may want a complete meal but one that is light and refreshing. This is a simple supper that is perfect! This needs to be refrigerated about 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and blanched
- 1 small purple onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pitted ripe olives, cut in half
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place steak on lightly greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 10 to 12 minutes, turning once; cool.
- Thinly slice steak, acrosss grain; set aside.
- Combine olive oil and next 8 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Add steak, artichoke hearts, and next 4 ingredients; cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Arrange greens on platter; top with meat mixture.
- Cut tomato into wedges; arrange wedges around meat mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Only made minor changes and have to say this is absolutely delicious and a definite keeper! I used fresh (rather than dried) origanum and rosemary (as I had them at hand in my garden), used oak smoked olives, and omitted the green beans (only because I didn't have any). I mixed all the ingredients on your list up to the mixed greens,etc and let it all marinate overnight. Served the next day in tortilla wraps with some diced tomato, rocket (arugula) and sour cream. I'm still salivating! Thank you for a fab recipe :)
i never had steak in a greek salad and did not really like it but the rest of the salad was gorgeous, a perfect combination. Made for a tagging game, sorry i am late reviewing!
FANTASTIC-The perfect summer meal. My husband, who is from the Mediterranean couldn't stop praising it and actually walked around the table and gave me a kiss! The night before, we had grilled some beautiful medium rare beef tenderloins and had leftovers, so I went on Zaar looking for a steak salad. Boy, did I find the best! Naturally, I used the tenderloins sliced very thinly instead of cooking the flank steak. Since I never seem to have all the exact ingredients, I substituted 1 Tbls. dried mint for the 2 Tbls. fresh, sliced green onions for the purple, 2Tbls. chopped cilantro instead of the parsley and I added app. 1/2 Tbls of capers. All of these substitutions I feel did not change the basic recipe too much. The one real change I made was to use 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed, instead of the green beans. I heartily suggest you do the same as the texture, color, flavor and authenticity to food of this region is improved. It's also alot easier than stringing,cutting and blanching green beans! I think this would make a terrific company meal as everything can be done in advance and plated up at the last minute. I used a mixed baby greens mixture on individual plates and then added ing. per instructions. It was so beautiful my husband wanted to get a camera for a picture, but we were too hungry. Maybe next time, as this will definitely be made and enjoyed again and again (I'm already planning to cook extra steaks every time now). Served with a chilled glass of white wine, it was perfection. Thanks so much.