Recipe by Sharon123
After a day of play(or work), you may want a complete meal but one that is light and refreshing. This is a simple supper that is perfect! This needs to be refrigerated about 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Top Review by Shazzie
Only made minor changes and have to say this is absolutely delicious and a definite keeper! I used fresh (rather than dried) origanum and rosemary (as I had them at hand in my garden), used oak smoked olives, and omitted the green beans (only because I didn't have any). I mixed all the ingredients on your list up to the mixed greens,etc and let it all marinate overnight. Served the next day in tortilla wraps with some diced tomato, rocket (arugula) and sour cream. I'm still salivating! Thank you for a fab recipe :)
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and blanched
- 1 small purple onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pitted ripe olives, cut in half
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak on lightly greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 10 to 12 minutes, turning once; cool.
- Thinly slice steak, acrosss grain; set aside.
- Combine olive oil and next 8 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Add steak, artichoke hearts, and next 4 ingredients; cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Arrange greens on platter; top with meat mixture.
- Cut tomato into wedges; arrange wedges around meat mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.