- 20 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- * To cut calories, you can use butter-flavored cooking spray in place of the butter.
- Cook spinach according to directions; drain well.
- Mix spinach, eggs, onion, cream cheese, pepper and feta cheese together.
- Refrigerate mixture at least 1 hour.
- Open package of phyllo pastry; cut a strip 2" wide, cutting through all layers.
- Cover remaining dough with a damp cloth to prevent cracking.
- Separate dough so that you have 2 sheets for each triangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter.
- Put 1 rounded teaspoon of spinach mixture at the top of the strip.
- Fold pastry over like folding a flag.
- Place on well-buttered baking sheet; brush top with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- To freeze the triangles before cooking, butter both sides of triangle and wrap well.
- Bake when needed.