Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Whipping up this savory pie is a cinch when you keep frozen puff pastry on hand. Remember to use a very sharp knife to cut the pastry - if the edges of the dough are pressed together, it won't rise evenly.
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons dried all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (which is half of a 17.3-oz. pkg.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat 12x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat 4 eggs; stir in spinach, feta, scallions, and seasoning. Transfer to baking dish.
- On lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry sheet into 13x10-inch rectangle. Cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips; brush with the 1 beaten egg. Arrange pastry in lattice over filling. Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
This was delicious! The only changes I made was that I used phyllo dough instead of puffed pastry. I also made my own creamed spinach & added a bit of cheddar. I didn't think 4 eggs is quite necessary, so I decreased it to 2.5 (3 total, the half of the 3rd went to glaze the top). The phyllo dough & other changes worked great. This will definitely be a frequent meal in our house!
This was really good!!!!! I couldn't find the right size creamed spinach, so I used 2 10-ounce packages, and increased to 6 eggs, and added more of the other ingredients. Made for ZWT4.
i've only had these during thanksgiving/christmas time at my boyfriend's house since his mom makes greek food. i loved these spinach pies and was really excited to try and make them! they came out really good! i liked using creamed spinach and adding cheese to make them even cheesier! my boyfriend loved them as well! i was a little confused with the directions towards the end of the recipe so i ended up using both puff pastry sheets. One on the bottom, added the spinach filling, and then added the puff pastry on top and sealed them together! they came out really good thou! thanks for a great recipe jackie! made for zwt4