Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have a couple of friends that I exchange meals with and this is always a favorite, which explains the large number of servings.
- 3 pie crusts
- 28 ounces frozen chopped spinach (Cooked and squeeze drained)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- Bake the pie crusts until golden brown in a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in skillet; sauté onion and garlic.
- Stir in the cooked, squeezed drained spinach.
- In another saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter, stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk until it thickens, then add salt, pepper, vanilla, nutmeg and spinach mixture.
- Beat eggs; stir eggs and cheese into mixture.
- Evenly divide entire mixture between baked pie crusts.
- Cover edges of pie crusts with foil and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes (or until firm and puffed.).
- This tastes like a quiche and can be served either as a side dish or as the main course.