Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Spinach is popular at our house, and I am always trying out new dishes with spinach.....This is one that is a favorite, and I am sure you will enjoy...don't forget to top with feta cheese, cause thats where a lot of the flavour is.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I love all the ingredients in this recipe, loved how quick and easy it was to prepare and was delighted - but not in the least surprised - by how delicious it was! A great blend of flavours! :) We enjoyed it with Recipe #361894. I made this exactly to the recipe, using my Recipe #135453 and the only changes I will make next time time will be to add some herbs, and that's just because I do use herbs a lot. Thank you for sharing another fabulously flavoursome recipe, KITTENCAL. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and slightly drained (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a med-large deep, flame and oven-proof casserole dish, saute the onions and garlic in butter, until soft.
- Add the broth, rice, tomatoes and spinach; stir to mix.
- When mixture begins to boil; cover and put in oven for 45-50 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Top with Feta cheese to serves.