Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good recipe. Only 2 points per serving.
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemons, rind of, finely shredded or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- lemon, rind of (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine water, onion, garlic, oregano, chicken bouillon granules, lemon peel or juice, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in rice; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir lightly with a fork before serving.
- Garnish with lemon peel strips, if desired.
I am sorry to say I didnt care for this very much. The flavor of the rice was bland and all that I tasted was the spinach. Maybe adding more chicken bouillion or using low fat chicken broth instead of the water would add more flavor. I did add some black pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder and a pat of butter but that would change the points per serving.