Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love spinach and I'm always looking for new ways to cook it. I found this while working at a Greek diner.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (more if you like garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- Cook spinach according to directions, but add the onions to the sauce pan.
- Drain well, squeezing out as much moisture as possible.
- Add remaining ingredients, expect feta.
- Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with feta and toss to combine.
What a very tasty dish! I made as directed only using fresh spinach for the frozen. I love the mixture all together especially with the feta cheese that melted on top...we ate it all. Thank you for posting. Made for Mays Diabetic Forum Greens for Spring 2012.
This was great! I used 2 tablespoons of lemon juice because I lacked zest. Next time I plan to use chopped onion because my boyfriend does not share my enthusiasm for pearl onions.
I used a diced onion instead of the pearl onion and topped with tzatziki sauce. Mmmmmmm