1/1 Photo of Greek-Spiced Baked Shrimp
1 hr 15 mins
Everything Sweet's Note:
These saucy shrimp spiked with cinnamon, allspice, and fets quickly disappear. Serve with crusty bread and even rice or orzo. Gourmet Nov 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 1/4 lbs large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 lb feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. with rack in middle.
- 2Cook onion and garlic in oil with 1/4 tsp salt in a 4-quart heavy sauce pan over medium heat until softened, about 5 minute.
- 3Stir in spices and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- 4Add tomatoes and sugar, simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Season shrimp with 1/8 tsp salt, then stir into sauce.
- 7Transfer to a 2 quart shallow baking dish and top with feta.
- 8Bake until just cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 9Serve sprinkled wiht dill.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Spiced Baked Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 301.3 mg
- Sodium 1065.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 35.5 g