Recipe by Everything Sweet
These saucy shrimp spiked with cinnamon, allspice, and fets quickly disappear. Serve with crusty bread and even rice or orzo. Gourmet Nov 2008
Top Review by Candace Michelle
i used canned petite diced tomatoes because i already had those on hand, left out the cinnamon, and used cavender's greek seasoning rather than salt on the shrimp. i also juiced 1/2 a lemon over top before baking. served with couscous and foccacia bread. we really enjoyed it, very yummy! i
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. with rack in middle.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil with 1/4 tsp salt in a 4-quart heavy sauce pan over medium heat until softened, about 5 minute.
- Stir in spices and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and sugar, simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season shrimp with 1/8 tsp salt, then stir into sauce.
- Transfer to a 2 quart shallow baking dish and top with feta.
- Bake until just cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled wiht dill.