Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Vegetarian Spaghetti Casserole
Make and share this Greek Spaghetti Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 32 ounces whole tomatoes
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 325. Prepare the spaghetti noodles as directed on the package and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet and sweat the onion and bell pepper until they are soft. Chop the tomatoes and add them and the liquid from the can to the sauce. Add the mushrooms and black olives and bring to a simmer for five minutes.
- Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and the milk.
- Grease a 9"x13" pan. Add half of the spaghetti noodles, half of the sauce, half of the cheese, and half of the mushroom soup. Repeat for a second layer.
- Bake 40 minutes at 325.
This was excellent I think would be great for large groups you want to feed. Thanks