Recipe by Little Bee
I got this off of Allrecipes and it is fantastic and easy!I worked in Greek restaurant for years and learned to love Greek food! I also like to grill out so I loved making this! This is very close to the Souvlaki on the menu there. I served it with my Summer Couscous Salad and we loved this meal!
Top Review by Rickami
This was awesome!!! I will make this again. I made some Pilafi (Greek Rice) to go along with it and I cut the oil down to 1/8 C and it turned out amazing!! Very tender and juicy. I also broiled it in the broiler without the skewers.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 -3 green bell peppers or 2 -3 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- skewer (I user metal skewers but if using wooden soak for 10 minutes in water so they do not burn)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic; add pork, onions, and peppers, and stir to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- The longer the marinade time the better!
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Thread pork, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Lightly oil grate.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning skewers frequently for even cooking.