Recipe by COOKGIRl
I clipped this off the back package of Athenos' brand feta cheese a long time ago. *Please* use homemade coleslaw dressing. *FRESH* herbs only!
Top Review by WiGal
Enjoyed the mint and basil in this! The feta I would reduce next time. I made a mayo/ vinegar based coleslaw recipe but now realize that maybe a yogurt one would make a better choice. Thanks for post.
- 16 ounces shredded green cabbage
- 4 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 4 ounces shredded carrots (if available, substitute indigo carrots for part of the orange carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced very small
- 1⁄2 cup coleslaw dressing (homemade!)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted (or walnuts)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chiffonade
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl combine the cabbage, carrots and red onion.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and feta cheese. If the slaw is not creamy enough to your liking add some more coleslaw dressing.
- *Stir in the pine nuts, basil and mint.*Save a little bit of the pine nuts, basil and mint for garnish.