Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I love mac and cheese and my version features Greek ingredients such as yogurt, fresh spinach, lemon zest and feta cheese. The star of the cheese sauce is the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing...it takes it to over the top amazing! The guests at my Superbowl party loved every bite of it!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 3 quart baking dish or a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Boil 4 quarts of water. Add macaroni and 1 tsp salt and return to a boil. Cook uncovered until al dente, about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add shrimp and boil until opaque, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine milk, ranch dressing, Greek yogurt, lemon zest, oregano and nutmeg. Let cook over medium heat until it simmers, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add macaroni, shrimp and spinach to pot with cheese sauce. Mix well and spread into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until feta cheese starts to get golden brown.