Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A quick-to-fix week night delight. From Good Housekeeping with my changes.
Top Review by sugarpea
This is so simple but primo I made it the second time for company. I used my own homemade spaghetti sauce and whole wheat rotini pasta. This is stress free cooking and a total man-pleaser.
- 453.59 g package lasagna noodles or 453.59 g packagecurly noodles
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 396.89 g jarchunky spaghetti sauce
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml dried Mediterranean oregano
- 453.59 g large shrimp, shelled and de-veined, with tail
- 59.14 ml loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 56.69 g feta cheese, crumbled, plus additional for sprinkling on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes longer than label directs.
- Meanwhile, in heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and cook 5-7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, crushed red pepper, and oregano; heat to boiling over high heat, Reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes to heat thoroughly.
- Stir in shrimp, and cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in chopped parsley; add 1/2 cup crumbled feta.
- Drain pasta; return to saucepot.
- Add shrimp mixture to pasta in saucepot and toss to coat.
- Spoon pasta mixture into large serving bowl; sprinkle with additional feta if desired.