Recipe by bayousong
I was playing around in the kitchen one night and came up with this. We love it. It is fast and easy with lots of flavor. Serve with a good crusty French bread and a green salad.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
A great, quick weeknight meal! My family loved this (including 14 yr old DD). I made this with some rice, crescent rolls (because i forgot the french bread while shopping) and a tossed salad. YUMMY and EASY!! Thanks for a KEEPER recipe Bayousong!!
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Press garlic into hot oil and butter.
- Cook slowly, stirring constantly until garlic begins to brown. Be careful as garlic burns easily and becomes bitter.
- Add oregano, chopped fresh tomatoes, salt and pepper; simmer a minute or two.
- Add canned tomatoes and wine; simmer another minute or two.
- Add shrimp. Cook about 2 minutes more or until shrimp is done.
- Add cubed feta cheese and simmer until cheese starts to melt.
- Serve in bowls.
- Eat the shrimp and dunk French bread into sauce.
- Serve with a Greek salad.
- NOTE: I do not measure and this is as close as I can come.