Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
For the 'zaar World Tour 2005
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 16 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 16 small black Greek olives
- 1 cup fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- In heavy 8-inch saucepan, quickly saute garlic in oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and tarragon.
- Cook, covered, 4-5 minutes, tossing once.
- Add wine; cook, uncovered, a few seconds before adding olives, lemon juice, and tomatoes.
- Cook a few minutes more to soften tomatoes, and mix in cheese and pepper.
- Spoon onto 4 warmed ramekins. Sprinkle with scallionsand serve with brown rice or sourdough bread.
Made for dinner tonight. Easy, fast & tasty. Thanks for sharing!
Oh My Goddness! Enjoy so much and so easy! I enjoyed the sauce so much that I didn`t even want the shrimp! Preparing I added the shrimp right with the garlic and followed everything pretty quickly because there is nothing I hate more then over cooked shrimp. It came out perfect! This I will make again and again!
WOW!!! This is a really super dish!!! I did not use the full 1 cup of tomato since my DH is not to have too much potassium therefore they are off the menu most times. I did use 1 tomato that lowered the potassium level. I garnished with more feta and the scallions. Everyone raved, and DH got to have some too...what a treat. I will be making this dish again...and really want to thank you for sharing it.