Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix butter, sugar, and eggs til fluffy.
- stir in 1/3 cup of the sesame seeds.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add alternately with water to sugar mixture.
- Chill dough til stiff, 1-2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350' degrees F.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured board into rectangle 1/8th inch thick.
- Cut dough in strips about 2inches x 1 inch.
- Press one side of strip into reserved sesame seeds.
- Loop one end over the other making a bow-tie effect.
- Place on lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan, cool on wire rack.