Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Great low-fat, low-calorie dish! Serve on toasted pita wedges with sprinkles of sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes and a little sour cream.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots (4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- sliced green onion (for topping)
- chopped tomato (for topping)
- sour cream (for topping)
- Lightly coat a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In the prepared cooker stir together drained lentils, carrot, onion, broth, and Greek seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Use a slotted spoon to serve.
This is really yummy!
My first time cooking lentils. . .and I love my crock pot so this was fun. I made the recipe as written. My lentils were not done after 7 hours on low, so I then kicked it up to high for 2 more hours and that did the trick. The problem then was that the meal had that all too familiar "crock pot" taste. The sour cream is a great addition to the flavor of the lentils, so don't leave that part out. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #30.