Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from the blog : I Wash... You Dry. http://iwashyoudry.com/2012/04/19/greek-salmon-with-tzatziki-sauce/ It would be better to do the Tzatziki sauce ahead of time. A few hours or the day before.
For the Salmon
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup peeled seeded and diced cucumber
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Salmon: Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and coat generously with cooking spray.
- Brush salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with the Greek Seasoning. Place on baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack for 13-15 minutes or until the Salmon is no longer opaque and it flakes easily.
- Tzatziki: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Store in fridge until ready to use. (flavor becomes better when it's stored in the fridge.).
I love recipes that are quick and easy to make but so flavorful! I grilled the salmon instead of baking, I used the Cavender's seasoning sparingly because of the MSG (I received this in a Zaar spice swap a couple of year's ago and had never opened it) I also added dried basil and oregano. I cut the recipe in half except for adding more cucumber to the tzatziki otherwise I thought the sauce was perfect. We loved the tzatziki with the salmon and it perked up the potatoes I served along side. Thanks Boomette for another great recipe. Made for ZWT 9 by one of The Appliance Killers
We thought this was a very nice fish dish. We used a pound of salmon for the 2 of us for dinner. This makes a ton of tzatziki. Even with a pound of fish (vs 8 oz) there is tzatziki left over. We made our own Greek seasoning. We served with Garlic, Herb, Orzo and Rice Pliaf, which made an excellent side dish. This was very quick and easy to prepare and I let my tzatziki meld for several hours as directed. We enjoyed dinner tonight. Made for ZWT9.
This was really excellent. I used sea bass as there was no salmon on hand and it was delicious. The tzatkiki is as good as any I have bought and likely better than some. As a bonus this could almost be called fast food because it doesn't take very long to make. Made for ZWT9,