My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek olives or 1/2 cup common black olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb squid, tubes cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then again into quarters and finally crosswise into small chunks.
- 2Core the tomatoes, then cut each into quarters, then cross into small chunks.
- 3Cut the core from the green pepper, and removed and discard the seeds and ribs inside.
- 4Cut the pepper lengthwise into 1-inchstrips, then across into chunks.
- 5Put the cucumber, tomato, green pepper, onion and olives in a large bowl and set aside.
- 6In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, oregano, a small pinch of salt and a generous pinch of pepper.
- 7Stir vigorously with a fork and taste the dressing for seasoning.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Bring a medium pan of salted water to a boil, add the squid rings and cook for 30 seconds.
- 10Drain immediately, rinse with cold water and drain again thoroughly.
- 11Add the squid rings to the bowl of vegetables and pour over the dressing.
- 12Stir gently to coat all the ingredients evenly with dressing; when squid is slightly warm it absorbs more flavors from the dressing.
- 13Sprinkle with the feta and set aside for about 1 hour, or let cool completely and pack into airtight containers for your picnic.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad with Squid
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 291.4 mg
- Sodium 516.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 23.7 g