Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple variation on the red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing, this was inspired by the TLC program - the Take Home Chef, Episode 109 - Kaye.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water (optional)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped and washed
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 6 ounces feta, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Place the red wine vinegar in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the olive oil and whisk continually.
- If dressing tastes too tart, whisk in water a tablespoon at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once dressing is emulsified place to one side.
- In a large salad bowl toss the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and dressing.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates.
- Place the 4 pieces of feta on top of each salad.
- Sprinkle a little chopped parsley on each piece of feta drizzle with a little more dressing and serve.