Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A crisp-tasting salad that makes for a great summer-time entree. Serve pita wedges and mixed olives as easy side accompaniments to complete the meal. From Pork Be Inspired.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork cutlets, 1/8-inch thick (20 ounces)
- 1 recipe creamy Greek salad dressing (recipe below)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach (8 cups) or 1 (6 ounce) package mixed salad greens (8 cups)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
CREAMY GREEK-STYLE DRESSING
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- salt and pepper
- For the Creamy Greek Dressing: Stir together yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl until well combined. Stir in enough milk to desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and onion in very large salad bowl. Gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate while preparing pork.
- Combine Greek seasoning and salt; sprinkle and rub evenly over pork. Cook half of the cutlets over medium-high heat in large skillet coated with nonstick cooking for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Transfer cutlets to cutting board. Remove skillet from heat and recoat with cooking spray. Cook remaining cutlets. Cut cutlets crosswise in half.
- To serve, divide spinach mixture among 4 plates. Arrange 1/4 of pork on each salad. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Serve with remaining dressing.
- Note 1: If Greek Seasoning is unavailable, substitute 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt for the 2 1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Note 2: To cook cutlets in a countertop grill with lid, preheat grill according to manufacturer’s directions. Sprinkle and rub Greek seasoning-salt mixture over both sides of cutlets. Place cutlets on grill; close lid. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender.