- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small green bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 6 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- pita bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- Season the salad with the lemon juice, olive oil and oregano. Toss all the ingredients until they are well coated with the dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad among 6 plates and serve accompanied with warm toasted pita bread.