Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Summer 2012 booklet printed by my local supermarket.
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, halved lengthise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup baked pita chips, roughly broken
- In a large bowl, whisk together olives, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and ground pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and toss well.
Top shelf Greek Salad all the way. Loved the mint. Made for ZWT 9 for Mike and the Appliance Killers.
Refreshing and good! I used lettuce and tomatoes from our CSA box and fresh mint from our garden. I toasted pita bread halves in the toaster instead of heating up the house using the oven. Served with Greek Deviled Eggs, a platter of fresh fruit that included green and red grapes and fresh locally grown strawberries. Made for ZWT 9.