Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a pretty 'fit' recipe. It's healthy with tons of flavor.
For the Salmon
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- olive oil, for brushing on the grill
For the Greek Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- To make the salmon: Prepare barbecue for medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Rub olive oil, minced garlic and dried oregano over salmon to coat well.
- Once grill is smoking hot, brush grill rack with olive oil and place salmon on the grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes without lifting or turning salmon. This will help give salmon a good sear of nice grill marks and make it easier to move.
- Starting at corner of salmon nearest to you, slide a long metal spatula under salmon, turn it over and cook until salmon is just cooked through and all but the very center is opaque.
- Meanwhile, to make the Greek salad: Place the red wine vinegar in large bowl. Slowly add olive oil and whisk continually to blend. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- In large salad bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and onions with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Crumble feta cheese over salads.
- Top salads with grilled salmon fillets. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Drizzle some of remaining vinaigrette over salmon, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.