This is a pretty 'fit' recipe. It's healthy with tons of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Salmon
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- olive oil, for brushing on the grill
For the Greek Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1To make the salmon: Prepare barbecue for medium-high heat.
- 2Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Rub olive oil, minced garlic and dried oregano over salmon to coat well.
- 3Once grill is smoking hot, brush grill rack with olive oil and place salmon on the grill.
- 4Cook for 4 minutes without lifting or turning salmon. This will help give salmon a good sear of nice grill marks and make it easier to move.
- 5Starting at corner of salmon nearest to you, slide a long metal spatula under salmon, turn it over and cook until salmon is just cooked through and all but the very center is opaque.
- 6Meanwhile, to make the Greek salad: Place the red wine vinegar in large bowl. Slowly add olive oil and whisk continually to blend. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7In large salad bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and onions with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Divide salad among 4 plates. Crumble feta cheese over salads.
- 9Top salads with grilled salmon fillets. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 10Drizzle some of remaining vinaigrette over salmon, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad With Grilled Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.1
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 586.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 36.7 g