Recipe by heather in Ont,
We love greek salad in our house so by adding grilled chicken you now have a meal. Serve oregano breadsticks on the side. To save time buy packaged, prewashed romaine lettuce. This main dish salad is from Cooking Light.
- 59.14 ml fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken
- cooking spray
- 1892.72 ml romaine lettuce, torn
- 236.59 ml cucumber, sliced
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 slice red onions, 1/4 inches thick (separate into rings)
- 59.14 ml feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Brush the chicken with 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Place chicken on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Add lettuce and next 4 ingredients (through to onion) to remaining dressing in large bowl, toss well.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates, top each with serving with chicken and cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups salad, 3 ounces chicken and 1 tablespoon cheese).