1/1 Photo of Greek Salad With Grilled Chicken
heather in Ont,'s Note:
We love greek salad in our house so by adding grilled chicken you now have a meal. Serve oregano breadsticks on the side. To save time buy packaged, prewashed romaine lettuce. This main dish salad is from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- cooking spray
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 slices red onions, 1/4 inches thick (separate into rings)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Prepare grill or broiler.
- 2Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Brush the chicken with 2 tablespoons dressing.
- 3Place chicken on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 4Add lettuce and next 4 ingredients (through to onion) to remaining dressing in large bowl, toss well.
- 5Divide salad evenly among 4 plates, top each with serving with chicken and cheese.
- 6Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups salad, 3 ounces chicken and 1 tablespoon cheese).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad With Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 608.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 27.9 g