1 hr 5 mins
We made this for a Lunch 'N Learn seminar at work. It was just like a standard Greek salad, but the Farro added so much to it! I had never had Farro before, it is like a very puffy rice. It is very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cracked farro, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup banana pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a food processor, puree the dressing ingredients together. (Extra virgin olive oil, basil, juice of half a lemon, salt & pepper.).
- 2Heat olive oil over medium heat in saucepan. Add farro and cook for about 1 minute Add water and bring to a boil. Decrease heat and simmer for about 40 minutes or until farro is done.
- 3While farro is simmering, prep the vegetables and other ingredients.
- 4Once farro is cooked, drain any excess water and let cool.
- 5Once cool, toss all ingredients together and mix well. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad With Farro
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: