Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
We made this for a Lunch 'N Learn seminar at work. It was just like a standard Greek salad, but the Farro added so much to it! I had never had Farro before, it is like a very puffy rice. It is very tasty!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cracked farro, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup banana pepper, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, puree the dressing ingredients together. (Extra virgin olive oil, basil, juice of half a lemon, salt & pepper.).
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in saucepan. Add farro and cook for about 1 minute Add water and bring to a boil. Decrease heat and simmer for about 40 minutes or until farro is done.
- While farro is simmering, prep the vegetables and other ingredients.
- Once farro is cooked, drain any excess water and let cool.
- Once cool, toss all ingredients together and mix well. Enjoy!