Recipe by gailanng
The spot where Greece meets Louisiana. A cast iron skillet works best. It retains the heat from the stove-top flash browning.
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive
- 118.29 ml green olives
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml sliced pepperoncini pepper
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced cucumber
- 12 large romaine leaves
- seasoned croutons (optional)
- artichoke heart (optional)
- viniagrette salad dressing (homemade is best)
- 4 (680.38 g) salmon fillets
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml grapeseed oil
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 29.58-36.97 ml blackening seasoning (many recipes on food.com or store-bought)
- juice from one lime, divided
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml vinaigrette dressing (homemade is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make The Greek Salad: Chop lettuce. Using a large bowl, add each of the above ingredients in reverse order topping with olives last. Toss and serve with vinaigrette to taste. Refrigerate.
- To Make The Blackened Salmon: Rinse salmon with water and place in a medium sized bowl. Pour orange juice and 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice over salmon. Cover and allow salmon to sit in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix spices for the blackening rub by combining all dry ingredients and freshly chopped garlic.Remove salmon from bowl and excess liquids. Apply blackening rub to both sides of salmon fillets.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat until very hot ; coat with olive oil. Flash fry salmon for about five minutes until browned on both sides.
- Remove skillet from heat, add unsalted butter and sprinkle salmon with brown sugar and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Put skillet with salmon in the preheated oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.Remove and cool. For added zesty flavor, squeeze remaining lime juice over salmon, if desired.
- Serve salmon with salad.