The spot where Greece meets Louisiana. A cast iron skillet works best. It retains the heat from the stove-top flash browning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 12 large romaine leaves
- seasoned croutons (optional)
- artichoke heart (optional)
- viniagrette salad dressing (homemade is best)
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 -2 1/2 tablespoons blackening seasoning (many recipes on food.com or store-bought)
- juice from one lime, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette dressing (homemade is best)
- 1To Make The Greek Salad: Chop lettuce. Using a large bowl, add each of the above ingredients in reverse order topping with olives last. Toss and serve with vinaigrette to taste. Refrigerate.
- 2To Make The Blackened Salmon: Rinse salmon with water and place in a medium sized bowl. Pour orange juice and 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice over salmon. Cover and allow salmon to sit in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 3In another bowl, mix spices for the blackening rub by combining all dry ingredients and freshly chopped garlic.Remove salmon from bowl and excess liquids. Apply blackening rub to both sides of salmon fillets.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat until very hot ; coat with olive oil. Flash fry salmon for about five minutes until browned on both sides.
- 6Remove skillet from heat, add unsalted butter and sprinkle salmon with brown sugar and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Put skillet with salmon in the preheated oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.Remove and cool. For added zesty flavor, squeeze remaining lime juice over salmon, if desired.
- 7Serve salmon with salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad With Blackened Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 836.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: