Recipe by Charlotte J
I'm getting a head start on post recipes for Zaar World Tour in 2007. lol
Top Review by Annacia
This made a perfect dinner for 33 degree summer weather. For the bacon I used turkey bacon that I microwaved to keep the fat as low as possible then broke up. All else was by the recipe and it was just delicious and I used the olives (love them). Yum.
- 1 (12 ounce) package hickory smoked bacon
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Greek olive (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces in pan fry until crispy not burnt, cool.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl.
- Place cucumber, tomato, onion, cheeses and bacon over lettuce.
- Garnish with Greek olives, if desired.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar for dressing; shake well to blend.
- Refrigerate salad until serving time.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.