Recipe by Deantini
This recipe is from Canadian Living - I love the fact that the dressing is not swimming in olive oil and still packed with flavour. You can cut the vegetables into any size of your preference, but you should try to make sure that the size is approx the same for all vegetables.
Top Review by Boomette
I made this salad for DH so I had to omit the red onion. He liked it so much. I put more feta because he always wants more. I used a fresh tomato and fresh oregano from my garden. The dressing was perfect. Thanks Deantini :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or use 1 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise; cut into 3/4-inch chunks.
- Core, seed and cut green pepper into same-size pieces.
- Place in large bowl (if you are making ahead you can cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours at this step).
- Core and cut tomato into same-size chunks. Add to bowl along with onion and olives.
- Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; toss with salad to combine
- Top each serving with cheese.