Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Canadian Living - I love the fact that the dressing is not swimming in olive oil and still packed with flavour. You can cut the vegetables into any size of your preference, but you should try to make sure that the size is approx the same for all vegetables.
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or use 1 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise; cut into 3/4-inch chunks.
- Core, seed and cut green pepper into same-size pieces.
- Place in large bowl (if you are making ahead you can cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours at this step).
- Core and cut tomato into same-size chunks. Add to bowl along with onion and olives.
- Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; toss with salad to combine
- Top each serving with cheese.
I made this salad for DH so I had to omit the red onion. He liked it so much. I put more feta because he always wants more. I used a fresh tomato and fresh oregano from my garden. The dressing was perfect. Thanks Deantini :) Made for PRMR tag game
Just so special, and so good, you will need to make more then you think you need. Why? Because you, (like me!) will end up eating the first batch. So just go ahead, make 2 times the amount. I didn't change one thing, except ran out of greek olives, and had to add some sub green ones. Perfect! Made for Please Review My Recipe April 2012
I just love this salad! I made this exactly as posted, using dried oregano and a little more salt and pepper. The end result was so delicious! I packed this for my lunch and I can't wait to make this again. A real keeper! Thanks for sharing.