Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a great-tasting and simpe to make appetizer for your holiday table. Light and healthy - it's got it all. You will need 24 long cocktail picks to use as skewers.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I can't believe I forgot to review this. I made it for a New Year's Eve party and it was such a smash hit. The flavors are awesome and the vinaigrette just makes them. Very easy and gives me so many ideas for other flavor combinations. Thank you, Evelyn for another top recipe.
- 24 grape tomatoes or 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 1⁄4 inches thick slices English cucumbers
- 24 1⁄2 inches cubes feta cheese
- 24 1⁄2 inches piece red onions
- 24 1⁄2 inches piece green peppers
- 24 pitted kalamata olives
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (Mediterranean is best)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Greek Salad Skewers: On a coctail pick, skewer first a tomato, followed by a piece of cucumber, feta, red onion, green pepper and olive. Repeat until you have done all the cocktail picks. Arrange skewers on a serving platter and spoon vinaigrette over.