Recipe by strawberrybird
Inspired by a recipe on YumSugar.com, this easy appetizer can be scaled down to toothpick size or scaled up to skewer size. An interesting and yummy way to make a greek salad for a party or for everyday.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
Lovely appetizer before our Greek meal. DH says, Greek Salad on a stick, lol. We dipped in a tzatziki sauce I made a few nights ago. Nice and light. Next time I'll make a quick vinaigrette with oregano & garlic to drizzle over to give it a bit more of a zing. Thanks for posting, strawberry bird ! Made during ZWT#9 for my team, Tasty Testers :)
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb feta cheese, cut into small cubes (block, not crumbled)
- 1 lb kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1 lb ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the cucumber pieces with salt and pepper.
- Thread the following onto a cucumber or skewer: cucumber slice, feta, cherry tomato half, olive half. If using toothpicks, this will complete each toothpick. If using skewers, repeat until desired.
- NOTE: It is easiest to thread the cheese and cucumber on by setting the items on a plate and then stabbing them with the skewer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve.