Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful way to serve all the flavors of a greek salad
Make and share this Greek Salad Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- one-quarter English cucumber
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, cut into 16 small cubes
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 8 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices from the cucumber and then quarter each slice. Set the cucumber pieces on a large serving platter and season with 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper.
- Top each with a piece of feta and then an olive half. Stab a toothpick through a tomato half and then thread through one of the cucumber stacks, pushing the toothpick down to secure it. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with some more black pepper, and serve.
What a lovely little appetizer these make. I added a little red wine vinegar to the drizzle, and used a mixture of black and green kalamatas. (I didn't even know they made green ones until I saw them at the olive bar. They're good!) I made a big batch, and have been snacking on them for a few days now. Wonderful recipe.
Simply delightful Marra darlink! I used the best ingredients and great olive oil for a superb appetiser for friends last night! I also added a little fresh oregano from the garden, added it to the oil before dousing the little Greek Sticks! I used all the ingredients as listed for a truly wonderful and yet so simple pre-dinner nibble! Made for the Whine and Cheese Gang and ZWT6. Merci encore. FT:-) (Photo to be posted)
I made this for our neighbors for our happy hour. Everyone raved about them. What a beautiful appetizer that is quick and easy to make. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing, MarraMamba.