Recipe by Rinshinomori
From Bobby Flay and Hellman's. Added and cleaned the instructions.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
These were fantastic sandwiches. The only thing was I eliminated the red onions. Thought I had one but couldn't find it. Very quick to put together as well which is why it was great for my lunch. I prepared everything and brought it to work. Added the dressing right before eating. I had used Artisan Flatbread Fold Em's with Rosemary and Olive oil. They are so great to use and so delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe Rinshinomori.. I will post pic when I can download to this computer.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons greek extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup greek black olives (without pits)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄4 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 4 naan bread or 4 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Slice cucumber lengthwise and slice very thinly into half rounds. Combine the cucumber, olives, oregano, tomatoes, onion, feta, and romaine in a bowl. Add some of the dressing and toss to coat, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread some of the dressing over the entire surface of the bread, top with some of the salad and sprinkle some grated lemon zest and chopped parsley. Roll and eat or serve open face on a large plate.