Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo
Top Review by Charlotte J
Oh my goodness Boomette, this sandwich is to DIE for!! I think I could eat this everyday, one time in sandwich form and as a salad for the other two meals. I sliced all the vegetables but the green onion on my mandoline set at 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch for the tomato. The ciabatta roll was fresh from the bakery. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013
- 6 thin slices English cucumbers
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 pitted oil-packed kalamata olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- the white of 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 ciabatta rolls, plain or 1 with olive, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Greek Salad: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. ?.
- Sandwich: Spread the mayonnaise on the inside of the bread. Cover with the salad and close. ??.
- Tips: For lunch, it is preferable to carry the Greek salad and bread separately and then assemble them at the last moment.