Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Ricardo
- 6 thin slices English cucumbers
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 pitted oil-packed kalamata olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- the white of 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 ciabatta rolls, plain or 1 with olive, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Greek Salad: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. ?.
- Sandwich: Spread the mayonnaise on the inside of the bread. Cover with the salad and close. ??.
- Tips: For lunch, it is preferable to carry the Greek salad and bread separately and then assemble them at the last moment.
Oh my goodness Boomette, this sandwich is to DIE for!! I think I could eat this everyday, one time in sandwich form and as a salad for the other two meals. I sliced all the vegetables but the green onion on my mandoline set at 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch for the tomato. The ciabatta roll was fresh from the bakery. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013
Crunchy. Fresh. Delicious. Good for me. The perfect summer sandwich.
I prepared this salad to take along for lunch today. The sandwich was assembled when it was time to eat as instructed in the recipe. Delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT9